Our programme of events and resources designed to help SME owners get a handle on their IT.
The pandemic forced many business into adopting and making more use of three key products – OneDrive, Teams, and SharePoint.
All these products had been in development in Microsoft’s labs for many years before 2020, but each of them were thrust into the limelight before they were fully ready for the mass adoption that we saw.
And the cats out of the bag – even when we reach a post-pandemic world, being able to make effective use of these three technologies will deliver genuine wins to the business, benefitting whatever you measure with your KPIs and improving the end customer experience.
Many SME owners are asking questions about how to correctly set-up these three technologies so that it creates genuine value to the business.
In the webinar we’ll look at:
- What’s the specific value each of these three brings to the business,
- Why there was such huge adoption of these tools at the start of the pandemic (it’s not just because Teams does video calls…)
- How to architect and design your set-up so that it’s efficient, staff enjoy using it, and so it’ll grow with the business.
- How to properly secure data in it so that customer privacy is assured,
- Using Teams to collaborate with customers to directly benefit the end customer experience,
- The importance of a backup strategy and disaster recovery,
In our webinars, we always look to deliver genuine value that can be taken back into the business.
What’s you’ll take-away from this webinar is a clear view on how best to configure, secure, and build effective workflows around OneDrive, Teams, and SharePoint.
Large businesses use Digital Transformation to transform their markets, find new customers, and win business over competitors.
Smaller businesses don't do this -- are there ways your business can make quite modest investments in IT to capture new customers and deliver more value to already happy customers?
In this webinar, we'll take a look at how SMEs can get some of the wins that large businesses get -- setting their business up to be more efficient, get better productivity out of staff, and find new opportunities for growth.
- Learn exactly what is meant by "digital transformation" -- clear the fog, demystify, and assess,
- Learn about "the 3.5% rule",
- See the advantages of focusing on customer experience (CX),
- Reach new customers by transforming the way you interact with your market.
- See how to make better decisions by gathering and using data,
- Drive efficiency by supporting talent in your business with robotic process automation,
Our events always look to deliver practical, real-world advice that you can take back into your business and start benefitting from that same afternoon.
This one though has the added dimension in that it'll help you, and your senior team, understand if and how digital transformation can get you closer to your business goals.